Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Servant Leadership Talk

I had the opportunity to teach servant leadership to a developer company. They are one of the larger companies here building new apartments for all of China. My teacher and her husband requested this. (Her husband is the general manager of this company to talk with his employees.) I based my talk on Pastor Rick's teaching on servant leadership “The Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve and to give His life a ransom for many.” (Matthew 20:28).  Here are the points Pastor Rick talks about, 1. What servant leadership looks like. 2. What a servant leader says to others. 3. What a servant leader says to himself.  I talked to about twenty-five employees. The problem my friend is having at his company is the same one companies all over the have; issues with integrity,dishonesty and not wanting to do extra work,with employees often saying "that's not my job".

We played a variation of musical chairs, in which we removed chairs and not people. The men were on one team and the women were on another. They had so much fun; the women were the smarter ones and were able to get everyone on one chair before the guys did. I shared with them that the women just knew what to do while the men tried to think too much about how to get everyone onto one chair. They were planning it all out ahead of time and it did not work. I feel it went well; they have asked me to come back and share more.

The next topic they would like me to discuss Jesus (ye su in Chinese). I am so excited to have this opportunity. They also want my wife and daughters to go to the company and share with the women. They want them to teach the ladies how to cook western food and share their testimony. God is using us more and more on a daily basis. We told the Lord the saying our Pastor always says, "Use me and/or us".

You really. have to be ready if you use these words.

Well, we are excited. Thank you again for all of your prayers and support! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment